March 21, 2021
The DevOps team is responsible for managing and supporting the operation of test systems used by the Development organization, and the production systems used by our paying customers. We collaborate with IT resources, Development teams and other DevOps team members, and Realization/Support teams to deploy new functionality and solve critical issues while improving the customer experience.
- Design and implement cloud-based environment replication and auto-scaling functionality to enable zero downtime deploys and expand scalability.
- Create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including virtual machine instantiation, continuous integration, automated builds, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing.
- Collaborate with Development and SQA to define and maintain release and continuous integration processes and frameworks.
- Provide configuration management and build services for applications. Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Proactively analyze and improve our application deployments to include automated deployments in a continuous deployment infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Operations group to build effective monitoring of production systems.
- Investigate and contribute to solving various development, test, and production environment issues.
- Provide collaborative conduit between IT Operations, Development and SQA teams.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Cloud technologies experience, VMWare preferred, Azure or AWS a plus
- Linux system engineering experience – 3+ years
- 3+ years experience with Powershell and/or other scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing. TeamCity, Nexus preferred
- Experience with source control repository systems, Git preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills to resolve Infrastructure related problems
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems, self-starter
- Ability to understand complex, interdependent software systems
- Strong communicator and a passion to work with others to achieve team goals
- Strong customer focus, business acumen and results orientation
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Agile development process from build through deployment
- Experience with Test Automation and/or Performance Analysis nice to have
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliancy with mandated policies (e.g., HIPAA)
- Windows Server and Network administration experience
- Linux administration experience
- Linux core build experience
- Understanding of backup and disaster recovery processes and configuration
- Jira, Confluence exposure/knowledge
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal opportunity employerSwisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.