Scrum Master, Software Project Management - Westminster, CO
June 7, 2021
The Scrum Master will also work closely with the Product Owners to translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for developers and other scrum team members.
- Experience with complex projects including hardware and software components.
- Background and experience as a software developer or a technical role.
- Facilitates daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint demo, backlog grooming, and retrospective meetings.
- Resolves conflict through open conversation, discussion, and decision making by focusing on scrum values of transparency, openness, honesty, and respect.
- Communicates in a positive and friendly manner, because when the team is moving fast in agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together.
- Forecasts team velocity for each iteration that is based on experience and leading the team from sprint to sprint.
- Possesses expertise in estimation and planning.
- Creates useful, reliable and practical plans for software and hardware development projects.
- Protects the team from outside influences to hold the line on scope creep.
- Coaches the team in effective Agile practices. Coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Helps team or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Ensures the correct use of scrum process.
- Track and remove impediments.
- Contribute to the company knowledgebase and process improvements
- Assesses the scrum maturity of the team and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team.
- Demonstrates servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work experience as a Scrum Master for software projects
- Good business acumen.
- Polished technical writing skills; knowledge of the SDLC
- BS in technical field or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working as an admin in JIRA/Confluence
- Knowledge of various, well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the scrum approach (example: numerous burndown technologies, various retrospective formats, handling of bugs, and so on.)
- 5+ years facilitating daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demo, backlog grooming, and retrospective scrum ceremonies.
- Demonstrated experience creating efficient agile processes
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Asks questions when details are unclear
- Understands the big picture view
Desirable, but not Essential:
- Certified Scrum Master and/or PMI-ACP certification
- Previous experience working as a software developer or other technical role
Compensation and Benefits: Base: $110,000, medical/dental/vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k matching (up to 8 %)
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.