Estimator I - Philadelphia, PA
Location: Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; or Denver, CO
May 23, 2023
This is a hybrid position and this individual will report in-person to a Swisslog office at least 1-2 days/week (after initial training). This position can be based in one of the following locations: Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; or Denver, CO.
Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Provide proper product, and application of that product, to fulfill the client’s material transport requirements.
- Perform material take off and total job cost estimates which accurately reflect bid plans, specification and site survey.
- Perform site surveys to determine the scope of work and verify ability to install system.
- Provide drawings, engineering reports and other supportive documentation to be included in proposals.
- Participate in sales presentations, providing various audio/visual materials in support of presentation.
- Continuously monitor our solutions, ensuring that estimating, pricing models, and proposals are in alignment.
- Make follow-up calls to existing clients in order to provide ongoing support to our existing customer base.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Engineering or Construction Services preferred, or working toward a degree. Equivalent experience may replace the degree requirement.
- Basic CAD drafting experience is very helpful and the ability to work with Excel is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering environment, preferably a mechanical systems environment.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Successful candidate will have a basic understanding of hospital construction requirements, ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, and provide system layouts in coordination with other trades.
- Attention to detail and ability to read through large requirements documents.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately for multiple current and future projects. Demonstrated time management skills are essential.
- Microsoft Suite user proficiency.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CAD drafting experience.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Salesforce.com user proficiency.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.