Field Service Engineer - Cleveland, OH
Location: Cleveland, OH
February 7, 2022
Field Service Engineers perform all Customer Support duties and responsibilities relating to Swisslog products (Transport Automation and Pharmacy Automation), including preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, warranty service, emergency service, on-call service, start-up of current systems, operator maintenance and user training, and promotion of company products and services as required.
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance services to contract customers in assigned area
- Provide on-demand corrective, 24/7 emergency, and paid services to customers in assigned area as required
- Provide start-up services on Translogic Systems as assigned
- Assist with start-up services on new Swisslog products as required, working closely with the assigned Installation Specialists
- Report product quality issues to assigned Field Service Supervisor and/or Customer Care Manager and file quality reports
- Train Swisslog customers on system and light maintenance operations
- Promote parts orders, provide recommended parts lists to clients and recommend inventory stocking levels to customers as required
- Conduct periodic customer care visits to monitor product performance and customer satisfaction
- Maintain accountability/inventory of assigned spare parts (crash kit) and customers’ consignment inventories when inventories are contractually maintained by Swisslog
- Assist all customers within assigned area with parts orders, consumables, repair and return of defective parts, and requests for information pertaining to their systems
- Advise Manager of any problems or opportunities that arise within their area of responsibility
- Ensure that required administrative paperwork, Service Work Orders, Expense Reports and Downtime Reports, and start-up logs are properly filled out and processed in a timely manner
- Communicate and share information with sales personnel and support personnel as it relates to their assigned customer base
- Exercise proper care and accountability of all assigned company property, be mindful in spending company’s money and resources responsibly, and exercise proper care and responsibility when working with customers’ property and/or facilities
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times when working with customers
- Adhere to and strictly enforce all company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Vocational school, related military experience, or job experience equivalent
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams to extract necessary technical information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (customer service skills) and communication skills
- PC Computer software and hardware literate/Windows Application experience
- Basic computer networking skills
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, and be able to work independently without supervision
- 1-3 years field service experience with electro-mechanical products
- Experience working in a mission-critical, on-call environment
- Associate's Degree from a Technical or Vocational School preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel 30 to 70% of the time for technical support and training purposes.
- Ability and willingness to work on-call hours including weekend, night, and/or holiday work
- Ability and willingness to lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs., work from heights, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
Compensation: $51,200 to $65,000 depending on experience and skill set, plus car allowance ($7,200 per year), plus overtime and on-call pay, medical/dental/vision insurance; tuition reimbursement, disability, 401k matching (up to 8%).
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.