Field Service Engineer - Vancouver, BC, Canada (Medication Management)
Location, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
September 7, 2023
Field Service Engineers perform all Customer Support duties and responsibilities relating to Swisslog products (Transport Automation and Pharmacy Automation), including preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, warranty service, emergency service, on-call service, start-up of current systems, operator maintenance and user training, and promotion of company products and services as required.
This individual, located in Vancouver, BC, will focus on our Medication Management (Pharmacy Automation) solutions.
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates who currently reside in the country where the position is located. Applicants outside of Canada will not be considered or contacted.
Candidates MUST be authorized to work legally in Canada at time of hire.
***Swisslog Healthcare is NOT able to provide sponsorship for immigration or work visas for this position.
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance services to contract customers in assigned area.
- Provide on-demand corrective, 24/7 emergency, and paid services to customers in assigned area as required.
- Provide start-up services on Translogic Systems as assigned.
- Assist with start-up services on new Swisslog Healthcare products as required, working closely with the assigned Installation Specialists.
- Report product quality issues to assigned Senior Field Service Engineer and/or Customer Care Manager and file quality reports as directed/required.
- Train Swisslog customers on system and light maintenance operations.
- Promote parts orders, provide recommended parts lists to clients and recommend inventory stocking levels to customers as required.
- Conduct periodic customer care visits to monitor product performance and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accountability/inventory of assigned spare parts (crash kit) and customers’ consignment inventories when inventories are contractually maintained by Swisslog.
- Assist all customers within assigned area with parts orders, consumables, repair and return of defective parts, and requests for information pertaining to their systems.
- Advise Customer Care Manager of any problems or opportunities that arise within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure that required administrative paperwork, Service Work Orders, Expense Reports and Downtime Reports, and start-up logs are properly filled out and processed in a timely manner.
- Communicate and share information with sales personnel and support personnel as it relates to their assigned customer base.
- Exercise proper care and accountability of all assigned company property, be mindful in spending company’s money and resources responsibly, and exercise proper care and responsibility when working with customers’ property and/or facilities.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times when working with customers.
- Adhere to and strictly enforce all company safety policies and procedures.
- Attend required training programs to keep current on system updates.
- Position may require some travel as well as holiday and weekend work.
Desirable, but not Essential:
- Experience working in a mission-critical, on-call environment is desirable.
- Associate's Degree from a Technical or Vocational School preferred.
MUST reside in Canada and be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Ability and willingness to travel 30 to 70% of the time for technical support and training purposes.
- Ability and willingness to work on-call hours including weekend, night, and/or holiday work.
- Ability and willingness to lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs., work from heights, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
We are interested in any applicant who resides in Canada and is legally authorized to work in Canada. However, Swisslog Healthcare is NOT able to provide sponsorship for immigration or work visas for this position.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.