Implementation Specialist - Pharmacy Automation
Location: Westminster, CO
November 9, 2022
In addition, the Implementation Specialist will provide training to internal staff as needed in the support of their particular roles and responsibilities to the Pharmacy Automation business.
The Implementation Specialist provides training, as well as project leadership for the implementation of the Pharmacy Automation products.
- Facilitates the execution of all training plans and assists with the evaluation of the effectiveness of the training.
- Delivers training at customer sites, the Automation Academy, and through web-based tools on Swisslog products and solutions.
- Provides guidance to customers and internal staff on automation best practices.
- Assists the Pharmacy Automation business team by responding to questions and assisting with support issues from staff and customers.
- Organizes and develops training manuals, guides and course materials for presentations and training sessions.
- Provides training to internal team members as required.
- Leads in-person and web based learning activities on Swisslog products and solutions, and guidance on automation best practices.
- Works with leadership to determine training objectives.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions and assures trainees can demonstrate proficiency.
- Contributes to the design of training programs, including learning objectives, outlines, customer facing materials, and designs hands on exercises to assure proficiency.
- Train project team members and clients on practices and tools, and monitors for quality and effectiveness
- Participate in post-sales/pre-installation meetings and conference calls as required.
- Provide documentation for Kick-Off meeting outlining expectations pertaining to training.
- Guide the customer through the implementation and application build, including label specifications, management of medication orders and priorities, and the development of the medication formulary.
- Perform analysis of existing hospital pharmacy process and develop process maps of the existing manual process, as required.
- Partner with customers to identify, evaluate and develop future state workflow processes which are effective and meet user requirements
- Represent the Swisslog team as a clinical and pharmacy automation subject matter expert.
- Provides on-site support for go-live activities and coordinates the transition to Field Service support
- Assist the Operations team with the development of the curriculum and delivery method, to include trainer-led classroom and hands-on instruction, computer based training (CBT), or blended learning.
- Collaborate with appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) for development of learning modules.
- Define and implement learning objectives of each module.
- Evaluate course content routinely to determine need for updates/enhancements with program or process changes.
- Evaluate to improve consistency, timeliness, quality, and cost of delivering training
- Ensure the technical training is up-to-date in addition to evaluating alternative solutions and makes recommendations when applicable
- Provide leadership to the customer and the project team as a pharmacy subject matter expert
- Encourage and promote communication with Swisslog project leadership on a regular basis, making them aware of critical issues confronting Technical Training and Projects and recommend mitigating action plans
Provides other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician, State Licensed or licensed by PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working in hospital inpatient pharmacy
- Experience with the implementation of Medication Management systems and automation preferred
- Computer Proficient: including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and basic troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of larger collaborative team
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of the time
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.