Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Broomfield, CO
September 16, 2022
• This team will be responsible for issuing quarterly service packs to continuously improve the product.
• Provide Tier 3 software support to customers, customer care and project realization team for Pneumatic Tube Systems, supporting root cause analysis for the complete electromechanical system ranging from mechanical components, firmware in our PTS components, network, server hardware and server control software
• Customer management, talking to customers, understanding their issues and creating plans for root cause analysis and system stabilization. Interaction with customers ranges from facilities and IT teams though all levels of management, depending on the situation.
• Develop tools and methodologies to aid in system level root cause analysis and speed up the process of defect resolution.
• Define, maintain and execute the software development process for product sustaining.
- Root cause analysis of customer issues of all aspects of the Pneumatic Tube Systems including:
- Server control software
- Server platform
- Network platform
- Component firmware (hardware engineering is a supplier for stations and sensors)
- Product IT security
- Analytics API (currently Mt. Elbert)
- Lead a team of software engineers to support our customers in reaching maximize system up time.
- Mentor and train team members to become product experts.
- Be the escalation point for customer issues and lead root cause analysis using internal and external root cause analysis teams.
- Manage and prioritize Tier 3 backlog, use analytics and dashboards to identify best deployment of resources to maximize product improvement and minimize the time of issue resolution for customers
- Develop best practices for system support and cascade to the customer care organization to continuously improve how we support our customers and drive issue resolution at the lowest level.
- Lead the agile scrum team in bug resolution and just in time testing of issues, improving the product sprint over sprint. Work with quality and product management to determine when the value of a release is large enough for release. Support release testing in lab and beta testing at customers as required,
- Manage the on-call team that provides 24 x 7 Tier 3 on-call support
- Create and maintain an open collaborative work environment in accordance with Swisslog core values
- Coach, mentor and develop the engineering team
- Create and maintain a department succession plan to ensure business continuity
- Create and manage team budget
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Create and maintain a capacity forecast for the team, aligning the projects to the product management roadmap
- BS in Engineering, Software, Electrical or Mechatronics.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 3 years engineering management experience leading teams 2-5 engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication up down and across the organization as well as to customers
- Able to succinctly describe complex technical issues and explain to internal and external customers to lead issue resolution
- Experience with software tools / methods used at Swisslog to include but not limited to:
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Services
- Object Oriented Programming
- Real-Time Systems
- Experience with control system design
- Expert in root cause analysis and familiar with tools and methods such as DFMEA, 8D, 6 Sigma
- Experience of product development through two cycles of the complete product life cycle from cradle to grave
- System Diagnostics
- Experience with Data analytics
- Familiar with product testing and validation in an agile product development organization
- 6 sigma green belt / black belt
- Experience with the health care industry
- Experience with transport automation
- Familiar with IT security
- Familiar with CMMI or SPICE software development processes
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.