Senior DevOps Engineer - Westminster, CO
October 14, 2021
As a key member of our team, the Senior DevOps Engineer has a central role in:
• supporting application development infrastructure and
• evolving our build and deploy process towards continuous delivery.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for managing and supporting the operation of development and test systems used by the software development organization. They collaborate with the broader organization to deploy new functionality and solve critical issues while improving the customer experience. As a senior technical member, the Senior DevOps Engineer is expected to identify areas for improvement, initiate and lead technical projects.
- Provide configuration management and build services for software applications. Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Investigate and contribute to solving various development, test, and production environment issues.
- Proactively analyze and improve our application deployments to include automated deployments in a continuous deployment infrastructure.
- Create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including continuous integration, automated builds, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing.
- Create and maintain automated configuration management processes (ansible).
- Create and maintain development and test environments, instantiating necessary virtual machine and deploying software as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Development and SQA to define and maintain release and continuous integration processes.
- Provide necessary support of infrastructure tools to keep the development teams working.
- Provide in-depth technical analysis and design for product ecosystem and development infrastructure.
- Initiate and lead technical improvements to improve development and customer experiences.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Significant Cloud technologies experience in at least two providers. VMWare required, Azure or AWS required
- 7-10+ years - Significant Linux system engineering experience and linux core build understanding.
- Experience with Microservice architecture, Hashicorps stack (Nomad, Consul), ELK stack
- 7-10+ years experience with Powershell and/or other scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Can create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing. TeamCity, Nexus preferred
- Full understanding of source control repository systems (git) and best practices for software configuration and release management
- Full understanding of backup and disaster recovery best practices
- Full understanding of best practices for system monitoring and alerting
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Desirable, but not Essential:
- Knowledge of Agile development process from build through deployment
- Experience with Test Automation and/or Performance Analysis nice to have
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliancy with mandated policies (e.g., HIPAA)
- Windows Server and Network administration experience
- Jira, Confluence exposure/knowledge
Compensation: $110,000, medical/dental/vision insurance; tuition reimbursement, disability, 401k matching (up to 8%)
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.