Software Test Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
November 10, 2022
- Work side by side with the developers in the agile team during the product development to ensure design for testability, clear understanding of requirements and follow the product from concept to system integration.
- Create and execute Test Plans for Functional, Integration and Regression Testing.
- Create Test Automation scripts supporting several applications.
- Analyze and understand requirements, business use cases, technical requirements and breaking down into test cases, use cases and test approach.
- Analyze test data to determine pass/fail as well as determine root cause of problems.
- Derive the Hardware and software requirement for the Test Setup and maintain the test environment.
- Utilize Jira and Zephyr to support the Software Development Life-Cycle.
- Conduct analysis of output data and provide results and recommendations.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to define appropriate acceptance criteria for new work and assist in the maintenance of documentation.
- Assist in ensuring the quality of internal bug tickets bound for your team, and incident reports bound for the wider business.
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
- May be assigned to directly interface with the customers in trouble shooting systems through the customer support process, Tier 3.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science / engineering or related field.
- 1-3 years of working experience as a test engineer in an agile environment.
- Experience with test automation in Python or any other programming language.
- Demonstrated experience writing software test plans, cases, and scripts.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify acceptance criteria for tests and hybrid test methodologies, sometimes including live data analysis from customer systems
- Knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs).
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design.
- Working knowledge of version control systems.
- Strong communications skills, be an effective team player and be able to work independently.
- Be a fast learner with strong problem-solving skills.
- Master’s degree desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical systems and networking or communication protocols.
- Experience with ethernet networks and protocols
- System trouble shooting, DFMEA, 8D and basic mechanical electrical diagnostics of system
- Good knowledge in SQL/database.
- Understanding of wireless data protocols.
- Exposure to programming in C, C++, Java, Perl, Python or Shell scripting on UNIX/Linux/Windows Platform.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.