Location: Westminster, CO - Denver
September 11, 2023
The Systems Engineer works closely with the Project Management team, customers, and third-party software vendors. The Systems Engineer works collaboratively with the Site Installation Manager on the connectivity of automation hardware to the software infrastructure. Systems Engineers are also responsible for aiding the Customer Care and Software Support organization as required.
- Software systems, integration, and IT subject matter expert for all project realization activities. Advises the customer’s teams on the required server software infrastructure needed for the successful implementation of Swisslog Healthcare Solutions.
- Responsible for the installation and integration tasks associated with projects- including internal systems integration and interfaces with customer’s third-party systems.
- Deploys software updates and upgrades to customer systems as required.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Site Installation Managers, and the implementation team to complete the interface and connectivity between automation hardware and the server infrastructure.
- Leads the installation and development of label programming, following best practices
- Assists the VP, Project Management with effort estimates and scope of work definitions necessary for special projects.
- Collaborates extensively with the technical product teams/Technology Centers to develop deployment and software best practices.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent technical training.
- Excellent troubleshooting and reverse engineering skills- in IT, but a passion for problem-solving more generally.
- 3 years of experience with: o Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, C#, C++.
- Familiarity with healthcare interfaces, or equivalent industry standard interfaces (HL7 )
- Ability to travel within the US and Canada, as required for team collaboration and the support of customer projects (10-15%)
- Experience with: o Management of EDI message handling
- Basic integration engine skills; NextGen Connect or other integration engines.
o Installing/configuring/supporting Windows Workstation/Server, Microsoft SQL Server.
o Database design and ability to troubleshoot performance issues related to Server/Network or Database
Desirable, but not Essential:
o Crystal Reports, or similar SQL reporting tools
o Troubleshooting IT infrastructure including networks, and VPNs
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.