Systems Engineer, LTC - Dallas, TX
Location: Dallas, TX
January 4, 2022
Department Function: The Project Realization team is responsible for all aspects of successful implementation and execution of Long Term Care Pharmacy Automation projects for our North American customers. The team includes training, project management, hardware installation, software installation and information technology, and integration.
- Software systems, integration and IT subject matter expert for all project realization activities. Offers technical advice and consultation to the customer’s teams on all aspects of the server installation and software infrastructure required for the successful implementation of Swisslog Healthcare solutions. Completes IT related documents for customer projects.
- Responsible for the installation and integration tasks associated with projects - including internal systems integration and interfaces with customer’s third-party systems.
- Leads the installation and development of label programming, following best practices.
- Responsible for activities related to establishing secure remote system access, using Bomgar, Site to Site VPNs, etc., consistent with internal policies and processes and customer support agreements.
- Collaborates with Project Manager and the implementation team to complete the interface and connectivity between automation hardware and the server infrastructure.
- Assists sales and operations teams with effort estimates and scope of work definitions necessary for special projects, interface and label changes.
- Deploys software updates and upgrades to customer systems as required, consistent with best practices to meet Customers’ Support and Maintenance Agreements
- Provides 3rd level support to the Customer Care organization for application and database issues. Provides advanced support (Tier 2) on interfaces and label programming, as required.
- Collaborates extensively with the technical product teams/Technology Centers to develop deployment and software best practices.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent technical training.
- 3 years of experience with: Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, C#, C++.
- Installing/configuring/supporting Windows Workstation/Server, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues related to Server/Network or Database
- Familiarity with healthcare interfaces, and HL7 interface message protocols.
- Ability to travel within the US and Canada, as required for team collaboration and the support of customer projects
- Experience with:
- Management of EDI message handling
- Crystal Reports, or similar SQL reporting tools
- Troubleshooting IT infrastructure including networks, and VPNs
- Integration engine tools, Mirth Interface Engine preferred or any other Integration Engine available on the market
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.