BIM Coordinator - Chicago, IL
Location: Schaumburg, IL
January 24, 2023
The BIM Coordinator will attend both on-site and virtual MEP (mechanical-electrical-plumbing) coordination meetings with other trade contractors. Under the guidance of the BIM Manager, Senior BIM Coordinator, or the Project Manager, the BIM Coordinator will negotiate space requirements with general contractors and other trade partners. Through this often lengthy and complex negotiation/design process, the BIM Coordinator will ensure complete system install-ability and design integrity.
The BIM Coordinator will exchange information between the design team and the Swisslog Healthcare project team to ensure that changes in scope of work are identified to the Swisslog project team, to ensure that change order opportunities are identified and captured immediately to maintain profitability on the project.
- Attend coordination meetings and negotiate with trade contractors.
- Employ clash detection software to eliminate conflicts.
- Ensure Swisslog system receives priority in the MEP coordination process.
- Coordinate supplementary items such as equipment supports and hangers, floor and wall penetrations, and electrical requirements.
- Assist Project Manager with material takeoffs.
- Identify constructability issues and address with project team.
- Assist Project Manager with tasks stemming from MEP coordination: RFI (Request for Information) support, review of construction documents, etc.
- Assist Project Manager in identifying scope changes due to RFI’s, ASI’s (Architects Supplemental Instructions) etc.
- Participate in jobsite “walk downs” with trade contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and Swisslog installation crews.
- Develop installation drawings from coordinated layouts.
- Manage multiple tasks and meet assigned deadlines.
- Meet project coordination budget.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Proficiency with Autodesk MEP (mechanical-electrical-plumbing) 3D modeling package (preferably the current software level at time of employment).
- Proficiency with Revit is required.
- Experience with Navisworks or equivalent clash-detection software.
- Knowledge of drawing preparation practices and procedures.
- 2-3 years of mechanical systems coordination and detailing.
- Associates degree in technical drawing field.
Desirable, but not Essential:
- Prior experience coordinating PTS systems in the healthcare industry.
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $60,000-70,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skillset. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical / dental / vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability, 401k matching (up to 8%).
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.