Director Software Engineering, Transport Automation
Location: Denver, CO
November 30, 2022
The Director will:
• Lead an Agile software development team to modernize the control software for Pneumatic Tube Systems.
• Continue to evolve our Agile software development process balancing investment between supporting our current customers and building for the future, while considering quality, reliability and product security.
Design, develop and maintain the control system for Pneumatic Tube Systems including:
o User Interface
o Server platform
o Network platform
o Component firmware (hardware engineering is a supplier for stations and sensors)
o Product IT security
o Data analytics infrastructure
Responsible for creating and maintaining software development process including:
o Source Code control
o Code branching strategies
o Code release for lab testing
- Acting project manager for development projects, scope, budget, communication, and reporting
- Perform Integration testing of product in PTS lab in coordination with System Test manager, ensuring the product is ready for system testing.
- Perform Beta testing of product at customer – handover to customer – integration testing
- Provide technical support for test lab for server and network configuration
Engineering Team Leadership
- Lead a team of software engineers to implement a common user interface for PTS
- Create and maintain an open collaborative work environment in accordance with Swisslog core values
- Coach, mentor and develop the engineering team
- Create and maintain a department succession plan to ensure business continuity
- Create and manage department budget
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Work with and support the inter-disciplinary Swisslog security team to outline Swisslog data integrity and security to include personal and customer related data.
- BS in Engineering, software, electrical or mechatronics.
- 10 years of software engineering experience
- 5 years engineering management experience leading teams 5-15 engineers
- Ability to architect an enterprise software system
- Proven engineering leadership capability developing and mentoring engineering team
- Strong written and verbal communication up down and across the organization
- Capable to estimate, plan and project manage projects up to $3 mi dollar
- Basic understanding of business finance and business case development
- Experience of product development through two cycles of the complete product life cycle from cradle to grave for a mechatronics system
- Experience with software tools / methods used at Swisslog to include but not limited to:
o Team Foundation Services
o Object Oriented Programming
o Real-Time Systems
- Experience with control system design
- System Diagnostics
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Root cause analysis, 8D and 5 Why
- Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis, DFMEA
- Familiar with product testing and validation
- 6 sigma green belt / black belt
- Experience with the health care industry
- Experience with transport automation
- Data analytics experience
- Master’s degree in engineering
- Familiar with IT security
- Familiar with CMMI or SPICE software development processes
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.