Field Service Supervisor - South Texas (Translogic)
Location: Houston / South Texas
September 7, 2022
Supervisors perform all Customer Support duties and responsibilities relating to Swisslog Translogic products to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, warranty service, emergency service, on-call service, start-up of current systems, operator maintenance and user training, and promotion of company products and services as required. Provide input, direction, and training to Field Service Engineers; provide factory level technical assistance and product training to all Swisslog customers and employees; provides technical and administrative services to customers within an assigned area; coaches, mentors, supervises and directs activities of 5-10 assigned Field Service Engineers and Senior Field Service Engineers.
- Supervise and develop assigned Field Service Engineers’ and Senior Field Service Engineers’ performance to include technical proficiency, customer responsiveness and administration of paperwork and reporting.
- Manage service schedules to ensure service requirements/requests are met and technicians service utilization is efficiently maximized under the Customer Care Manager’s guidance.
- Provide 24/7 Phone and Remote support through VPN to customers and Field Service Engineers as required.
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance services to contract customers in assigned area.
- Provide on-demand corrective, 24/7 emergency, and paid services to customers in assigned area as required.
- Assist with start-up services on new Swisslog products as required, working closely with the Service Planning Manager and Project Manager.
- Monitor and report system performance issues to the Customer Care Manager and assist technical support and Field Service Engineers in filing quality reports as directed/required.
- Train Swisslog customers on system operation, troubleshooting and daily maintenance activities.
- Promote parts orders, provide recommended parts lists to clients and recommend inventory stocking levels to customers as required.
- Conduct periodic customer care visits to monitor product performance and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accountability/inventory of assigned spare parts “crash kit” and customers’ consignment inventories when inventories are contractually maintained by Swisslog.
- Assist all customers within assigned area with parts orders, consumables, repair and return of defective parts, and requests for information pertaining to their systems.
- Ensure that required administrative paperwork, especially Mobile Service Work Orders, Expense Reports and Downtime Reports, are properly filled out and processed in a timely manner.
- Communicate and share information with sales personnel and support personnel as it relates to their assigned customer base.
- Adhere to and strictly enforce all company safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in engineering design reviews and recommend product improvements.
- Act as lead technical contact on special projects and work closely with the product center or special projects engineering group from system design through installation.
- Travel to customer sites to assist junior Field Service Engineers in troubleshooting difficult problems or critical failures.
- Conduct formal classroom training on Swisslog systems layout, installation, startup and ongoing maintenance at the corporate training facility, and at customer locations as assigned/required.
- Carry cell phone and be available to respond to after-hours requests for technical support to include, telephone technical support, remote modem diagnostics, emergency parts shipments, etc., as assigned/required.
- Dispatch Field Service Engineer(s) to customer sites at the request of the customer, and maintain status of all open service work orders as assigned/required.
- Develop and implement troubleshooting aids for technical personnel to include troubleshooting manuals, videos, and other special projects, which improve customer service as assigned/required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A.S. degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Vocational school, related 4 years military experience, or equivalent.
- Ability to read blue print, schematics and wiring diagrams to extract necessary technical information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (customer service skills).
- People skills / Communication Skills.
- PC Computer software and hardware literate/Windows Application experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with various Swisslog products, including installation, startup, and service or equivalent extensive technological service knowledge/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in service as a Senior Field Service Engineer.
- Computer networking experience.
- Prior Small-Group Supervisory and/or lead worker experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel 30 to 70% of the time for technical support and training purposes.
- Ability and willingness to work on-call hours including weekend, night, and/or holiday work.
- Ability and willingness to lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs., work from heights, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.