Field Service Supervisor
Location: Indianapolis, IN
July 18, 2022
- Supervise and develop assigned FSE, SFSE and AFSE performance to include technical proficiency, customer responsiveness and administration of paperwork and reporting
- Manage service schedules to ensure service requirements/requests are met under Customer Care Manager’s guidance
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance services to contract customers in assigned area
- Provide on-demand corrective, 24/7 emergency, and paid services to customers in assigned area as required
- Provide start-up services on Translogic Systems as assigned
- Promote parts orders, provide recommended parts lists to clients and recommend inventory stocking levels to customers as required
- Maintain accountability/inventory of customers’ consignment inventories when inventories are contractually maintained by Swisslog
- Advise Customer Care Manager of any problems or opportunities that arise within their area of responsibility
- Ensure that required administrative paperwork, especially Mobile Service Work Orders, Expense Reports and Downtime Reports, are properly filled out and processed in a timely manner
- Ensure that Field Service Engineers are accurately reporting time, expense and materials utilized on each job.
- Handle by telephone or in writing, inquiries concerning the operation and troubleshooting of Swisslog systems. Assist in identifying spare parts.
- Participate in engineering design reviews and recommend product improvements
- Act as lead technical contact on special projects and work closely with the special projects engineering group from system design through installation
- Travel to customer sites to assist in troubleshooting difficult problems or critical failures
- Conduct formal classroom training on Swisslog systems at the corporate training facility, and at customer locations. Instruct on topics to include system layout, installation, startup and ongoing maintenance
- Dispatch FSE, SFSE and AFSE to customer sites at the request of the customer, and maintain status of all open service work orders
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- A.S degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Vocational school, related 4 years military experience, or equivalent
- Ability to read blue print, schematics and wiring diagrams to extract necessary technical information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (customer service skills)
- People skills / Communication Skills
- PC Computer software and hardware literate/Windows Application experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience with various Swisslog products, including installation, startup, and service
- Minimum of 2 years in service as a Senior Field Service Engineer
- B.S. Degree, Electronics Engineering Technology
- Prior Small-Group Supervisory and/or lead worker experience
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.