IT Systems Administrator - Westminster, CO
July 7, 2021
The Systems Administrator is also responsible for requirement analysis, project planning and coordination, application support, installing, patching and configuring software, troubleshooting, training users, problem management, and software maintenance. S/he will also be responsible for the management of all corporate data, including data management, data security, disk utilization and archiving.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- VMware certifications(s) and 3 years relevant experience. Or no certification and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the installation, maintenance and configuration of ESXi and vCenter.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Working knowledge of networking, configuration and troubleshooting including L2, L3, routing, subnetting, port security, etc.
- Must have advanced knowledge of VMware ESXi 6 and above for installation, support, patching and troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of various storage technologies including DAS, NAS, iSCSI and Fiber Channel
- Knowledge of Windows Server installation, maintenance and troubleshooting including IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS
- PowerShell scripting skills
- Willingness to work in all areas of IT as needed
- Has an extreme sense of organization and detail, is very critical of the appearance of IT work
- Has working in a global IT team and can work off hours as needed
- Well versed in server performance
- Comfortable in a co-location environment, with regards to power and cable management, cooling, and adherence to installation standards
- Experience with backup technologies such as Veeam
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends to ensure system uptime.
- Exceptional knowledge of a wide range of server applications.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be willing to be on call a minimum of 1 week per month.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Up to 25% travel.
Compensation: $74 - 92,000, medical/dental/vision insurance; tuition reimbursement, disability, 401k matching (up to 8%)
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.