Manager Software Engineering - Transport Automation
March 21, 2021
- Able to perform and demonstrate root cause analysis practices for customer issues using Java, C#, C++.
- Able to develop solutions using state of the art software engineering principles to include object-oriented programming, design patterns.
- Works well with customers and engages to resolve PTS issues, will interface with facilities, IT organization and hospital management as applicable. Proven experience to manage the customers management chain allowing engineering to resolve technical problems.
- In depth understanding of Agile and Scrum process for software development
- Lead an engineering team to provide Tier 3 software support to PTS customers, owner of Tier 3 process, KPI’s, reporting and prioritizing
- Setting up and maintaining Tier 3 on call service
- Lead the sustaining software engineering team to provide software solutions for customer issues resulting in release of hot fixes and service packs
- Lead Network engineering to provide IT customer product support for our sales and marketing organization
- Lead IT Security for the PTS product, defining a multiyear security roadmap for PTS deployment in a hospital IT domain as well as roadmap issues for security across the general IT structure
- BS of Engineering, software, electrical or mechatronics.
- 5 years of software engineering experience
- 3 years engineering management experience leading teams 2-5 engineers
- Proven engineering leadership capability developing and mentoring engineering team
- Strong written and verbal communication up down and across the organization as well as to customers
- Project manage critical Tier 3 customer issues
- Basic understanding of business finance and business case development
- Experience with software tools / methods used at Swisslog to include but be limited to:
- Visual Studio & Eclipse
- Programming languages: C#, Java, C++
- Team Foundation Services
- Object Oriented Programming
- Real-Time Systems
- Data analysis
- Root cause analysis, 8D and 5 Why
- Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis, DFMEA
- Familiar with product testing and validation
- 6 sigma green belt / black belt
- Experience with control system design
- Experience with the health care industry
- Data analytics experience
- Familiar with IT security
- Familiar with CMMI or SPICE software development processes
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal opportunity employerSwisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.