Manager, Software Test Engineering
Location: Denver, CO
May 19, 2022
- Responsible for a software quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the company's financial performance.
- Responsible for overall strategy and management for the software quality assurance team.
- Leverages resources to assure adequate manual and automated test coverage and establish best practices.
- Leads multiple SQA teams on the implementation of test strategies and sets the team up for the future by bringing in progressive testing concepts to our organization that focus on efficiency but sacrifice nothing on quality.
- Owns the SQA defect documentation and processes. Ensure that a standard process is being followed across the organization and that proper tooling and reporting are in place so that we can track defects from inception to close.
- Act as a player/coach and bring leadership and guidance to the software quality team across all facets of manual and automated testing efforts.
- Create a sense of accountability across the software quality organization and foster a culture that owns our misses and uses them to drive future process improvements.
- Understand business objectives, and build alignment and buy-in cross functionally.
- Own the overall stability of our products in production.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives.
- Motivate all team members to deliver high quality projects within time and budget.
- Responsible for the career development and mentorship of the SQA team and for identifying staffing/hiring needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS Degree in Engineering – Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of QA Engineering management experience
- 5+ years working knowledge building out Automation Frameworks within the Enterprise SQA, deep knowledge of automation best practices
- 5+ years proven experience transforming Manual testing teams to high efficiency, Automation centric SQA teams
- Experience with SaaS products, and Agile/Scrum
- Experience with Jira/Zepher and other team/SQA management tools
- Proven experience partnering with UAT and Beta Programs and building out Customer Focused Testing Centers of Excellence highly desirable
- Extensive knowledge of common, industry leading testing methodologies and aware of when and where to rely on them.
- Expert at building and managing test cases – technically able to understand complex systems and knows how to develop tests for them
- Adept at communicating to all levels of the organization.
- Able to work at a fast pace and encourage others too as well.
- Strong attention to detail and quality, and ability to direct the whole team to adapt best practices.
- Ability to measure team and individual’s performance through standardized key performance indicators, and ability to push the quality bar higher. Has managed managers.
- Knowledgeable of the cutting-edge testing techniques and trends, implementing the technologies and ensuring higher quality products on projects.
- Experience in the field of inventory management systems, supply chain or logistics, medical or health care software preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.