Manager, System Design Analysis and Simulation (Traffic Management)- Westminster, CO
Location: Westminster, CO
August 18, 2021
This is a working manager position. The position manages the team, including its analytical tools and simulation tools, and is also responsible for analyzing client system performance and generating simulations as part of the workload distribution to the team. The Manager will maintain and analyze the performance of new Pneumatic Tube Systems (PTS) and existing PTS designs in order to design a new system or enhance an existing system to better meet our clients’ TA needs.
In collaboration with the product engineering team, the Manager will maintain, update and use the SDA software tools to analyze existing systems operation and functionality, and maintain, update, and use the PTS (or other) simulator and have the ability to set-up, simulate and analyze new system design performance. In support of the sales team, the Manager may perform site surveys to determine the scope of work and constructability of proposed designs and participate in client meetings and sales presentations, make recommendations, and advocate for the overall system design, layout and performance.
- B.A., B.S. Engineering, Software, Technical Field.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of mechanical and software systems.
- Minimum four years management experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience in an engineering environment; preferably mechanical/software systems environment.
- Successful candidate will have a basic understanding of hospital construction requirements and provide system layouts in coordination with other trades.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Operational Research background in control systems or traffic management.
- Understanding of computerized tools and tool sets for data analysis.
- Understanding of control systems and/or logistics.
- Ability to work with Excel is essential and basic CAD drafting experience very helpful.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately for current and future projects is necessary.
- Microsoft suite user proficiency.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation / communication skills.
Desirable, but not Essential:
- Working knowledge of Pneumatic Tube Systems.
- Working knowledge of traffic movement or traffic routing.
- System modeling and system algorithms.
- Knowledge of software tools such as SQL Server Database, Java, C++, Powerbasic, Visual basic.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.