National GPO/IDN Account Manager
Location: Denver, CO
May 9, 2022
- Provide preliminary review and summary of any proposed amendments or contract extensions with final review and approval by legal/sales leadership.
- Collaborate with sales organization in analyzing/preparing price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine gross margin implications; review and interpret contract provisions to mitigate organizational risk.
- Serve as a liaison with client contracting representatives to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Continually monitor and evaluate contractor performance against contract specifications; as required, provide sales leadership with order intake, gross margin and overall results of a given contract.
- Compiling an annual report on the effectiveness of the GPO/IDN contracts pertaining to how much we sold, the overall gross margin, % of work that was won and executed, as well as how much Swisslog paid in Admin fees.
- Coordinate with internal stake holders to collect, develop and produce compelling RFI and RFP responses to promote Swisslog’s full portfolio of solutions.
- Ensure all current agreements, terms and conditions, administration fees, price lists and any discounts/special promotions are accurately documented.
- Maintain current list of all contracted parties with highlights of key items for regular distribution to sales teams.
- In collaboration with VP Construction and Pharmacy Solutions, look for areas to expand product portfolio and evaluate and/or renegotiate business terms within existing GPO and IDN agreements.
- Collaborate with all Regional Sales Directors and contracted accounts to support co-marketing activities to drive interest in new Swisslog technologies where applicable as well as take advantage of any special promotional discounts/programs.
- Work closely with Sales Application Engineers and Sales Leadership to establish product list pricing and discounts for national and strategic accounts while evaluating profit margins to align with Swisslog’s target profit margins.
- Assist in establishing standards and continuity for pricing discounts based on contract compliance, size and scope of the prospect or customer, product mix and margin across all agreements (ie. monitoring of “Most Favored Nation” compliance).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Challenger- Understands how to effectively challenge the status quo
- Consultative- Capable of offering clients insight to create sense of urgency around contracting with Swisslog. Listens to the customer to hear their needs and how the business is changing to effectively tailor a tiered approach to benefit the customers and Swisslog.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Market Know-how and business savvy.
- Inspires Trust and Insight – knows the individual IDN and GPOs needs and what drives them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Marketing or related business field required.
- Minimum of 2 years in a consultative role, demonstrating a high level of customer focus and partnership.
- Intermediate Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of associates.
- Ability to adhere to established metrics and guidelines related to standards of performance and compliance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to understand and offer alternative solutions to ensure profitability.
- Highly organized, analytical with the ability to effectively meet deadlines while managing routine workload demands.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with national accounts or in a closely related business role, requiring contract and business terms negotiation, language review and revision, detailed, complex data analysis and / or financial modeling.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.