Pre-Construction Coordinator - Chicago, IL
Location: Schaumburg, IL
January 23, 2023
- Responsible for sourcing and managing a large volume of contract installation services for Swisslog’s pneumatic tube systems in healthcare facilities.
- Responsible for developing RFPs, sourcing and selecting vendors, and managing the installation process to support the sales funnel and order fulfillment needs. RFP’s are successfully managed through skillful proposal/contract/spec review, contract drawing review, site surveys, system design, RFI responses, customer relation skills, and the ability to build and maintain a qualified vendor network that is responsive in a competitive environment.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Pre-Construction, VP Operations, and the regional Project Managers, as required, in project management duties necessary to support on-going operations.
- Responsible for collecting, maintaining, analyzing and reporting on vendor performance data.
- Responsible for assisting customer care when pipefitter services are required to address a service call (ex: stuck carrier, piping disconnections, etc.).
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years commercial experience in construction (general or mechanical preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Qualifications, certifications or extensive related experience can replace the degree requirement.
- Process and detail oriented professional.
- Experience in negotiating subcontracts, project financial analysis, communications, strategic thinking, and relationship building.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt and change with company demands.
- Knowledge of the healthcare construction industry with an aptitude for three-dimensional visualization and systems design in buildings.
- Experience in developing strategic sourcing plans and subcontracting for construction services.
- Experience with BlueBeam, Revit.
- APICS Certified Purchasing Manager a plus.
- Knowledge of pneumatic tube system design and installations a plus.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.