Senior Project Manager, Construction - Transport Automation - Westminster, CO
Location: Westminster, CO
November 4, 2021
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of multiple concurrent customer projects, including but not limited to the most complex projects awarded to Swisslog.
- Manages a variable number of projects that will be dependent on current workload in relation to other members of the team and the number of complex projects.
- Projects are supported by leading project kick off meetings, supporting site surveys, supply chain coordination, development and distribution of meeting minutes, master schedule coordination, communication and customer relation skills, cost management, change order processing, postmortem process and documentation, customer acceptance and transition to Swisslog Customer Care.
- Independently oversee the project plan events and manage schedules
- Primary contact for any issues that arise related to the implementation
- Manages procurement of project related equipment and materials
- Ensures that all issues are documented, and resolutions reached
- Manage both physical pneumatic tube system installation work as well as service upgrade projects on existing systems
- Lead project watch meetings to review and assess the progress of the project
- Serve as a point of escalation for questions from other PMs on the team. Escalates issues to the Director as required.
- Proposes risk/issue mitigation as the need arises.
- Provides support for go-live activities
- Manages project budget, revenue projections, risks and scope
- Responsible for preparing and completing the customer acceptance process
- Expected to execute basic PM skills and techniques at a high level with little to no direction. Some of those include:
- Note taking
- Project forecasting
- Enforcing contract compliance
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers without oversight/review.
- High skill level of budget understanding and the corporate level impact.
- Revenue forecasting
- Risk mitigation
- Project Cost overrun impact
- Active engagement in estimate/risk reviews
- Ability to deal with customer escalation conversations/meetings.
- Ability to provide guidance/training/mentorship to non-Sr. PM co-workers
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the construction or service industry with potential aptitude for three-dimensional visualization and systems design in buildings
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Qualifications, certifications, or extensive related experience can replace the degree requirement. required.
- Project management experience, 7- years- including project budgeting, ERP software
- 2 years of Pneumatic Tube experience.
- Experience in IT/medical project management experience
- Ability to train others on the use of common software tools. At a minimum, those tools include MS Project, MS Office Suite, Bluebeam, SAP & Smartsheet.
- Process and detail oriented professional
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Proven organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external resources.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt and change with company demands
- Experience working with customers in a vendor organization environment
- PMP or other project management certification required, or relevant documented experience.
Clarity on your path
At Swisslog Healthcare, we are constantly looking for people who shape and develop our company. We offer exciting opportunities to learn, develop and lead change. You benefit from clear communication and development plans that are aligned with your personal strengths and our common goals. Enjoy many other benefits that we are constantly reviewing and expanding.
Equal Opportunity EmployerSwisslog Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law.
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.